Charging and discharging of library materials and collection of overdue fines. Information Service: Assistance with general Inquiries is done at the issue desk.
- Audio-visual Collection: Consists of CD, DVD, tapes and materials in this collection are used within the library. A multi-media room with necessary equipment has been provided to enable viewing of these materials within the library. The materials are accessible from the main College library in Kimtech College.
- Class Text: This collection contains Hebrew, Greek as well as literature books. Materials are issued to the student for a period of one semester to meet their core reading needs in these areas.
- Electronic Collection: This collection comprises of e-journals, e-databases, e-books, Kimtech College Institutional repository, and other internet resources. Electronic resources are accessed from the undergraduate and post-graduate research labs in the library.
- General Circulation collection: Academic books in all disciplines.
- Periodical collection: Contains current and back issues of print journals, magazines & newspapers. Current issues are displayed on the display unit on the ground floor. Loose back issues are on the ground floor and bound copies of back issues are on the 1st floor. Periodicals are used within the library.
- Reference Collection: Encyclopedias, dictionaries, bibliographies, yearbooks, & other reference books.
- Research collection: A collection of research papers, theses and dissertations done by students and staff of kimtech Computer Training College. Materials in this collection are on closed access and are used within the library.
- Reserve collection: Recommended books, government publications, past exam papers, & lecturers' handouts are placed in reserve collection. These materials are borrowed for 2 hrs and used within the library. The reserve collection is on the ground floor of the library.
- Special collections: Materials that are of special value to the College and the community in general are put together as special collection. These materials are accessible from main College library. They consist of:
- Kenyan collection & Published materials on Kenya and by Kenyans
- Women collection & Materials on and by Kenyan women,
- Government publications,
- Rare books and manuscripts,
- kimtech Computer Training College Staff publications